On Tuesday, July 28, we hosted our third and final session of Conversations on Race & Racism in 2020. Once again, we had nearly 50 people in attendance and a video recording of that session is embedded below.
This week, we were joined by a special guest, Danielle Ohlson of Newark Central Schools. Danielle is also a trainer with Wayne Action for Racial Equality. For further inquiry and action opportunities, several resources were offered at the close of Tuesday’s presentation. Those resources are included below.
In 2020, Conversations on Race & Racism are sponsored by 13 libraries in the Pioneer Library Systems. A list of the sponsoring libraries are below.
For those of you who were unable to attend last Tuesday’s program, here it is on YouTube:
Here are the resources for inquiry and action:
- John Lewis Love in Action from On Being with Krista Tippett
- Black History Boot Camp with GirlTrek
- ‘We Get There First or White Supremacists Do’: How These Rural Canvassers Disrupt Racist Narratives from In These Times; and
- Two Core Concepts Trainings with Political Healers (“Foundation of Feminine Leadership” on August 12; and “Feeling Safe, Seen & Heard: Trauma-Informed Practice in Movement Spaces” on August 26, 2020)
Here is a list of the libraries that sponsored this event:
- Naples Library
- Newark Public Library
- Wadsworth Library
- Marion Public Library
- Palmyra Community Library
- Lyons Public Library
- Geneva Public Library
- Livonia Public Library
- Victor Farmington Library
- Sodus Community Library
- Clyde-Savannah Public Library
- Gorham Free Library
- Macedon Public Library